Many pre-workout blends are a bunch of proprietary BS, but at pureWOD, we pride ourselves on what we put into each bag and why. One of the most important ingredients in PRE that many other supplement companies don’t bother using is coconut water powder.
Coconut water powder is a superior means of hydrating, and beats water and sports drinks as a way of providing high intensity athletes and CrossFitters with all that they need for long grueling workouts. Though a lot of everyday people turn to it for on the go energy, coconut water powder and high intensity (and CrossFit & GRID) athletes are a winning combination.
Why so much fuss? Let's just look at coconut water powder in order to understand why we can say so many positive things about it and had to include at least a full gram in every bag of pureWOD PRE preworkout supplement.
- Coconut water powder is high in natural electrolytes - The high mineral content of coconut water powder makes more hydrating than plain water. Minerals, such as magnesium, also make it a beverage that helps with nerve function too, and this is something that any athlete benefits from during high intensity workouts or events. Muscles fire harder for longer.
- High levels of potassium - Let's also not overlook that a lot of potassium is going to prevent the muscles of the body from cramping, and if you are running or doing something like a Crossfit WOD or a GRID race, you cannot afford a cramp to prevent you from going on or performing at your best.
- Natural enzymes – The natural enzymes in coconut water powder also protect the digestive tract, preventing any sort of pain or spasms as food and beverages are digested. This is of the utmost importance when doing any sort of strength or high intensity exercise. After all, cramps in the stomach or gastrointestinal system are a common reason for runners or anyone in the midst of high-energy cardiovascular workouts to stop or be unable to perform.
- Antioxidants - Oxidative stress to the tissues and body can happen at any time. When we are using our bodies to perform heavy and rigorous exercises, the cells may produce a lot of waste that can become free radicals. Coconut water powder is full of antioxidants, and while it energizes and provides fuel for endurance workouts, it protects cells and muscles from causing too much undo stress.
- Natural aid - We cannot emphasize enough the importance of natural supplements for athletes and everyday people. Rather than relying on an array of artificial ingredients that may not be absorbed by the body, and even can bog the body down from doing what it should be doing best – building you into the best you it can. those who use trusted sources of coconut water powder will benefit from the bioavailability of an all-natural food source.
Coconut water powder is most beneficial when it is all-natural and of the highest quality. pureWOD PRE preworkout supplement combines it with other ingredients, like creatine, beta-alanine and green tea extract, among many other beneficial compounds, to create the most effective all-natural supplement available for high intensity workouts, CrossFit or GRID.
If you haven’t already, check out pureWOD PRE and give us your feedback! Post on Instagram and Twitter with #purewodPR so we can check it out, repost and even choose you as a winner of a free bag of pureWOD PRE!